Saturday, July 5, 2014

"LIttle Pinto Foal" Horse Oil Painting by Karen Baker Thumm

Oil painting of a pinto foal

"Little Pinto Foal" 5x7 inch oil painting on canvas board, a monochromatic painting in all browns plus white.

I'm in the process of making color charts of all of my oil paints in order to get better acquainted with them so I can make better color choices. Earlier this week, I got the brilliant idea of doing a small painting with the leftover paint on the palette. This little foal painting is the second one I've done.

It didn't turn out as well as the first because I was hurrying too much and didn't pay enough attention to proportions or placing the subject within the picture area. But, at least I made the effort and used up some paint that would otherwise have gone to waste.

Some painting gurus claim you have to make a thousand paintings in order to reach the level of being an accomplished painter, so now I'm one painting closer to that goal.

Sign up to follow my blog, Drawing On Life, to read about the latest that's on the easel.

Visit my website, Equine Artist Karen Thumm, to see more of my art of horses and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment