Friday, May 30, 2014

There Is Hope for All Horse Artists -Karen Baker Thumm

Yesterday I was revising some pages on my website and added these two images to an information page about how to become an equine artist. It occurs to me that they might help any aspiring equine artist out there to keep at it. 
"Beach Run" large oil on canvas board

"Almost Home, Hunter Pace" 18x24 oil painting on canvas, Sold

The first image is one I did 30 years ago while still in art school. I think it was partially influenced by my painting professor. I cringe every time I look at it. It is crude to say the least. But, I've come a long way since. 

The second I completed about  2005 and has been sold. Big difference, right?

I created two pages on my website to help aspiring equine artists. They're not how to draw horses pages but cover all the other information one needs to progress and succeed as an artist. Take a look if you care to. 

Learning To Draw Horses

The Professional Horse Artist

And please feel free to check out the rest of my website

Equine Artist Karen Thumm

No comments:

Post a Comment