Sunday, January 9, 2011

Work in Progress "Rumbles in the sky" Watercolor by Debbie Flood

I've been working on this new watercolor, in between administrating the International Equine Artists (Which I enjoy!).
This watercolor is my first Watercolor this large! It is on a Full Sheet, 23 x 30 300lb Arches Watercolor paper. Wow, who knew I would love working so large! When I photographed this Cowgirl and Paint Horse, I loved the morning light that was cast upon her braided hair, and the horse! Especially the light that bounced and reflected on the white parts of the horse. I just knew I had to paint this large, and put them out in the wilderness, out where they could be free to roam and be at peace with one's thoughts.
The painting is almost finished. Just a few more things to add to it.
I'll post the finished painting when it's complete.
Thank you for reading our Blog!
Debbie
http://www.debfloodart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment